- To introduce new and improve existing public transport system in the Province
- To ensure safe, affordable, comfortable, reliable and time efficient transport system based on modern technology
- To play its role in socio-economic development to create jobs opportunities and alleviate poverty
- To introduce Transport Infrastructure Policy that aims to connect central industrial regions with less developed areas.
- To employ public private partnership for new investment in road and infrastructure.
- To mitigate the deterioration of road and transport infrastructure, the existing road and highway networks need to be improved with special emphasis on transport infrastructure up gradation and maintenance.
- To promote multi-modal transport network. Like the road network, the railway services needs to extend to the northern parts of the province in order to galvanize economic activity in the relatively low-income areas.
- To improve road connectivity to the railway stations to facilitate both passengers and freight traffic.
- To construct trucking terminals at Peshawar and Dera Ismail Khan and Havelian to meet the needs of the trucking sector for the next 30 years.
- To introduce Mass Transit System in Peshawar and other big cities in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.